Release and Pricing Information
Explore the latest release details and pricing information for Stride 3D, the versatile game engine designed to power your creative projects.
We are pleased to announce that Xenko will exit its beta stage on April, 2017 with the first commercial version of the engine!
As we're still finalizing last details, the exact pricing model of the engine will be announced on the release day.
We can let you know that:
- We are planning to switch to a monthly subscription model with several tiers (education, indie, etc.)
- The tier intended for indies will be free to use
- The code source of the runtime will remain available for everyone
- The code source of the editor will be accessible only to the upper tiers
- We will move from GPL to a custom license allowing developers to modify the engine without having to open their game sources
- The beta versions will remain available to download for users already developing a game on it
We are thrilled to reach this next big step for Xenko and would like to particularly thank our users that have been working with the beta versions for the past two years.
We look forward to seeing all of your projects after release!
Edit this page on .